This position is based at our Severin Peanut Company located in Severn, NC.
Severn Peanut Company along with Hampton Farms is the leading In-Shell Peanut Company in the US. We are also a leading producer of other types of nuts and nut butters for the retail and commercial markets. You can find our product in most grocery stores and major league baseball stadiums. We distribute under the Hampton Farms brand and are also a leading private label manufacturer.
Base pay – $13.00 per hour
Primary responsibilities are to ensure a sanitary food production environment. This responsibility includes food safety, pest control, and sanitation policy/procedure adherence. Expected to Promote and Live into our Mission of Being the Best NUT Company Today! This position will report to the Sanitation and Safety Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend pre-shift meetings.
- Perform duties according to master sanitation schedules.
- Employee is responsible for completion of recordkeeping requirements.
- Responsible to maintain a neat and orderly work area at all times.
- Must function and interact on a daily basis with plant personnel and comply with plant policy/procedure requirements.
- Expected to be punctual and abide by attendance policies.
- Employee will be responsible for attending and satisfactory completion of all required safety training topics.
- Expected to be able to work extended hours which may include weekends or holidays.
- The position is not limited to Sanitation/Pest application operations and may on occasion require performance and responsibilities in other areas.
Base pay of $13.00 per hour depending on experience
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Food Plant Sanitation and Hygiene experience and/or training
- Good Manufacturing Practices experience and/or training
- Pest Control Awareness experience and/or training
- Work well independently and with others
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Team Player
Combination of manufacturing environment along with duties that will require employee to work in a production/plant environment where physical hazards such as industrial equipment and forklifts may be present.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to work in dusty/noisy environments with the proper PPE.
- Frequently climb sets of stairs and ladders in excess of 10-15 ft.
- Work in various weather conditions.
- Ability to operate basic hand tools, compressed air wands, and vacuums.
- Capable of wearing respirators and protective clothing.
- Capable of walking & standing on concrete for shifts in excess of 8 hours.
- Continuous Learning
- Job Knowledge
- Use of Technology
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Reasoning Ability
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Assistance (TAP)
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- School Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Core Values “Equip”
- This job is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, education verification, pre-employment drug screening, and a criminal history check.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.com OR www.meherrinag.com