This position is based at our Hampton Farms location in Severn, NC.
Hampton Farms is the leading In-Shell Peanut Company in the US. We are also a leading producer of other types of nuts and nut butters for the retail and commercial markets. You can find our product in most grocery stores and major league baseball stadiums. We distribute under the Hampton Farms brand and are also a leading private label manufacturer.
Pay Range: $15.50 – $16.50 per hour
The Roaster Operator of Hampton Farms is involved in the manufacture of food products intended for the consumer. The operation and operator provide a critical step in Hampton Farms food quality and safety for producing our peanut product. Being a producer of peanuts and peanut products, the roaster operator is aware of the risk involved with regard to proper temperature, speeds, roasting color and other aspects of the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify with supervisor correct peanuts are being used, and Roaster log paperwork matches the Roasting Peanuts reports
- Inspect machines and calibrates as required to ensure consistent operation
- Ensure that machine is started and stopped to minimize maintenance and downtime
- Initiate daily start-up procedures per company policies
- Communicate with production line operators to maintain constant flow and correct peanuts
- Maintain the correct temperature of the roaster, record the average temperature of the peanuts, belt speed, and bed depth to achieve the correct roast and color required for each customer
- Record temperature readings each hour on Roasting log.
- Turn in paperwork into Quality Assurance Department
- Run a color check every hour on the roasted peanuts to ensure color meets customer requirements
- Work with Quality Assurance Technician throughout shift to ensure CCP’s are within spec
- Ensure the right peanuts for the production schedule are selected and roasted in spec.
- Perform scheduled cleaning of roaster and roasting area
- Maintaining constant vigilance for possibility of fire, through monitoring of all roasting operations
- Perform weekly fire drills
- Assist in control of fire as required and notification of proper authorities, as approved by management personnel
- Help fellow employees in other work areas as needed
- Do any other assignments ask of you by your Lead or Supervisor
- Able to learn how to work with high and low PH chemicals such as alpet, proclean degreaser, Alkaline cleaner, and Steam cleaners for cleaning every other weekend
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Experience with food manufacturing Principles and implementation.
- 1-3 years’ production manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Team Player
- Climbing: ladders, stairs, etc. –using feet and legs or hands and arms 1/3 of the time & continuous Standing
- Lifting: Intermediate lifting up to 55 lbs for up to half your shift (up to 4 hours)
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds by ears
- Depth Perception: Three dimensional vision. Ability to judge distances
- Color Vision: Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Combination of manufacturing environment along with duties that will require employee to work in a production/plant environment where physical hazards such as industrial equipment and forklifts may be present
- Having to work with high & low PH chemicals such as alpet, proclean degreaser, Alkaline cleaner, and Steam cleaners on a regular basis.
- Continuous Learning
- Job Knowledge
- Use of Technology
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Reasoning Ability
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Assistance (TAP)
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- School Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Core Values “Equip”
- This job is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, education verification, pre-employment drug screening, and a criminal history check.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.com