This position is based at our Hampton Farms location in Franklin, VA.
Hampton Farms is the leading In-Shell Peanut Company in the US. We are also a leading producer of other types of nuts and nut butters for the retail and commercial markets. You can find our product in most grocery stores and major league baseball stadiums. We distribute under the Hampton Farms brand and are also a leading private label manufacturer.
The quality assurance Supervisor of Hampton Farms is involved in the manufacture of food products intended for the consumer. The quality assurance Supervisor is a critical position in Hampton Farms food quality and safety for producing our peanut product. Being a producer of peanuts and peanut products, the quality assurance supervisor is aware of risks involved with regard to maintaining Hampton Farms quality standards, proper packaging, proper labeling, all receiving and shipments are properly inspected, and all documentation is correct and accurate. The quality assurance supervisor is trained in various areas pertaining to the job required. Duties and responsibilities of the Quality supervisor will be completed by the Quality Manager during his or her absence. This position will report to the Quality Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify with the production scheduler what products are running at the beginning of each shift.
- Must be able to complete work required paperwork, for example: QA documents, metal detector sheets, roasting peanuts report, and weight check sheets. Must also review quality control technician’s paperwork.
- Be able to collect samples for retains and for micro samples and be able to document. Send out samples for testing with proper paperwork.
- Maintain daily peanut roasting counts.
- Help manager make sure all HACCP and SQF paperwork is completed.
- Develop with SQF Practitioner, Food Safety Defense and HACCP teams.
- Be able to determine if a product needs to be put on hold and document when product goes on hold or if product is reworked.
- Maintain visual pre-operational sanitation inspections prior to beginning of the day’s production to ensure food safety.
- Maintain correct labeling and nutritional requirements on all products by following Allergen Control Program and Label Verification.
- Must have intermediate computer skills to produce reports, programs, procedures, build files, and label printing.
- Complete Certificate of Analysis (COA) based on micro results for finished product. Must be willing to complete other certifications needed.
- Assist with maintaining files for Ingredient COAs, Kosher certificates, Organic Labeling, customer information, consumer complaints and shipment logs.
- Maintaining Master Sanitation Schedule, Chemical Control Program, Sanitation Training and techniques.
- Verify with production that all product produced meets Hampton Farms and customer quality standards. Monitor all specifications for raw materials and finished product
- Conduct any and all Food Audits with Auditors.
- Help with internal food audits (Food Defense, Chemicals, GMP’s)
- Oversee with the manager the responsibilities of employees & make sure they are following guidelines, rules, schedules, etc
- Assist Production Supervisors in any task that needs to be done.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED). Preferred associate degree in similar field
- Experience with food manufacturing Principles and implementation.
- 1-3 years’ production manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to clearly present recommendations/ideas and to summarize issues.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential material.
- Knows and adheres to GMP policy and all Quality policies and procedures.
- Assists with QA Manager anytime needed
- Continuous standing in one location for long periods (2-3 hours before break)
- Climbing :ladders, stairs, etc. –using feet and legs or hands and arms 1/3 of the time
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds by ears
- Depth Perception: Three dimensional vision. Ability to judge distances
- Color Vision: Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Combination of manufacturing environment along with duties that will require employee to work in a production/plant environment where physical hazards such as industrial equipment and forklifts may be present.
- Continuous Learning
- Job Knowledge
- Use of Technology
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Reasoning Ability
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Assistance (TAP)
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- School Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Core Values “Equip”
- This job is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, education verification, pre-employment drug screening, and a criminal history check.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.com