This position is based at our Severn Peanut Company located in Severn, NC.
Severn Peanut Company along with Hampton Farms is the leading In-Shell Peanut Company in the US. We are also a leading producer of other types of nuts and nut butters for the retail and commercial markets. You can find our product in most grocery stores and major league baseball stadiums. We distribute under the Hampton Farms brand and are also a leading private label manufacturer.
Base pay at $14.00 per hour depending on experience
Production Utility Level 3: Primary responsibilities are to ensure safe packaging and storage of finished product. This responsibility includes both Regulatory Agency and Severn Peanut Company policy/procedure adherence. Expected to Promote and Live into our Mission of Being the Best NUT Company Today! This position will report to Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend pre-shift meetings.
- Communicate with manager and perform duties according to manager’s instruction.
- Capable of packaging product in a safe and orderly manner.
- Responsible to maintain a neat and orderly work area at all times.
- Must function and interact on a daily basis with plant personnel and comply with plant policy/procedure requirements.
- Employee is responsible for completion of recordkeeping requirements.
- Expected to be punctual and abide by attendance policies.
- Employee will be responsible for attending and satisfactory completion of all required safety training topics.
- Expected to be able to work extended hours, which may include weekends or holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good Manufacturing Practices experience and/or training
- Food Plant industrial experience and/or training
- Work well independently and with others
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Team Player
- Be able to work in various weather conditions, both ambient and cold storage areas.
- Ability to work in an industrial setting which includes machinery/process noise and exposure to peanuts and dust.
- Ability to work in a production/assembly line atmosphere.
- Capable of wearing protective clothing, and other necessary PPE.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend English in association with instructions and recordkeeping.
- Ability to perform basic math in reference to load orders and inventory.
- Ability to operate basic machine controls and pedals. This requires frequent use of hands and feet.
- Ability to operate forklift in an industrial setting. Must meet training requirements.
- Frequent standing
- Frequent reaching overhead (Minimum76 inches)
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs/steps
Combination of manufacturing environment along with duties that will require employee to work in a production/plant environment where physical hazards such as industrial equipment and forklifts may be present.
- Continuous Learning
- Job Knowledge
- Use of Technology
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Reasoning Ability
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Assistance (TAP)
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- School Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Core Values “Equip”
- This job is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, education verification, pre-employment drug screening, and a criminal history check.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.com OR www.meherrinag.com