This position is based at our Hampton Farms location in Springfield, MA.
Hampton Farms is the leading In-Shell Peanut Company in the US. We are also a leading producer of other types of nuts and nut butters for the retail and commercial markets. You can find our product in most grocery stores and major league baseball stadiums. We distribute under the Hampton Farms brand and are also a leading private label manufacturer.
The purpose of the Processing Team Lead at Hampton Farms is the manufacture of food products intended for the consumer. This position is a critical part of Hampton Farms food quality, safety, and responsibility for producing our peanut product. The lead must be aware of the risks and responsibility involved regarding proper formula usage, correct product feed rates, peanut flow, container filling, sanitation, quality, machine operations and other aspects of the facility. This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify with production supervisor & Quality Assurance that the correct peanuts and ingredients are being used and records being filled out properly.
- Distribute shift paperwork to operators and ensure they understand paperwork, complete it and turn in to proper location/person.
- Assist production supervisor in monitoring operators and personnel with attendance, breaks, behavior, and taking immediate action on safety when necessary
- Communicate & carry out any work instructions to operators/employees from production supervisor on other team members when instructed/advised.
- Able to fill any department position that falls below them, either for breaks or a full shift.
- Able to train and help production supervisor assist the progress of new operators in all their job functions; this includes being able to explain skills in multiple ways including hands on training.
- Monitor, instruct, and correct the first in first out stock rotation as necessary.
- Able to learn how to work with high and low PH chemicals such as alpet and Alkaline cleaners for cleaning every other
- This position will have full responsibility over an entire Production area
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area during the shift.
- Help fellow employees in other areas when needed.
- Perform any other work assigned or complete any other forms & reports assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Experience with food manufacturing Principles and implementation.
- At least 1 year experience in a manufacturing/production leadership role
- Must be able to work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to clearly present recommendations/ideas and to summarize issues.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential material.
- Ability to multitask.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Forklift License & Arial Lift License
- Combination of manufacturing environment along with duties that will require employee to work in a production/plant environment where physical hazards such as industrial equipment and forklifts may be present.
- Continuous standing in one location for long periods (2-3 hours before break)
- Lifting: Intermediate lifting up to 55 lbs for up to half your shift (up to 4 hours)
- Climbing: ladders, stairs, etc. –using feet and legs or hands and arms 1/3 of the time
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands
- Continuous Learning
- Job Knowledge
- Use of Technology
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Reasoning Ability
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Assistance (TAP)
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- School Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Core Values “Equip”
- This job is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, education verification, pre-employment drug screening, and a criminal history check.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.com