This position is based at our Hampton Farms location in Severn, NC.
Hampton Farms is the leading In-Shell Peanut Company in the US. We are also a leading producer of other types of nuts and nut butters for the retail and commercial markets. You can find our product in most grocery stores and major league baseball stadiums. We distribute under the Hampton Farms brand and are also a leading private label manufacturer.
Pay Range: $12.25 – $13.25 per hour
Each production line will have one designated machine operator and at least one designated packer. The machine operator is ultimately responsible for all activities at the production line they are assigned to. Person(s) in the packer position work under the direction of the machine operator for that station.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Always work in a safe manor.
- Assist with set up as instructed by the machine operator. This may include any of the following:
- Restock cartons
- Set up carton printer
- Sweep production area
- Check that all surfaces and work area are clean and sanitized per GMP guidelines
- When running, keep cartons supplied to yourself and the operator
- Check weight and date print on bags against weight and date on production sheet.
- Be sure weight on weight sheet is the same as listed weight on the production sheet.
- Check weights on bags first run when starting up and tell the operator what they are.
- Check weights on 3 bags every 30 minutes, tell the operator and record the weights on the daily weight sheets.
- Scan bags for proper placement of top hole, weight and date stamp, print quality. Tell the operator of any issues.
- Pack bags in cartons keeping up with production
- Stack finished cases on pallet
- Remove finished pallet to assigned area
- Count finished cases to confirm operator’s count
- Replace full pallet with empty pallet. Place cardboard on pallet when needed.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 0-2 years’ production manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Team Player
- Combination of manufacturing environment along with duties that will require employee to work in a production/plant environment where physical hazards such as industrial equipment and forklifts may be present
- Having to work with high & low PH chemicals such as alpet, proclean degreaser, Alkaline cleaner, and Steam cleaners on a regular basis.
- Climbing: ladders, stairs, etc. –using feet and legs or hands and arms 1/3 of the time & continuous Standing
- Lifting: Intermediate lifting up to 55 lbs for up to half your shift (up to 4 hours)
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds by ears
- Depth Perception: Three dimensional vision. Ability to judge distances
- Color Vision: Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Continuous Learning
- Job Knowledge
- Use of Technology
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Reasoning Ability
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Assistance (TAP)
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- School Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Core Values “Equip”
- This job is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, education verification, pre-employment drug screening, and a criminal history check.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.com