Hampton Farms is the leading In-Shell Peanut Company in the US. We also are a leading producer of other types of nuts and nut butters for the retail and commercial markets. You can find our product in most grocery stores and major league baseball stadiums. We distribute under the Hampton Farms brand and also are a leading private label manufacturer.
The Maintenance Technician maintains and repairs various equipment at eth Hampton Farms peanut roasting facility. The facility in Severn, NC is involved in the manufacture of food products intended for the consumer. The position reports to the maintenance Department Manager.
- Work with Maintenance Manager, QA Manager and Production Manager to effectively operate the daily operations
- Work with Hampton Farms employees to be committed to produce the best product for our customers
- To be committed to meet all company and customers’ needs
- Ensure all production lines are running and respond to any breakdowns to eliminate down times
- Work with all supervisors and employees to ensure that all equipment is running efficiently to be able to meet the line goals
- Able to ensure that all SQF and sanitary practices are followed
- Trouble shoot and repair single and three phase electrical equipment
- Must be able to work in a safe manner, adhering to all safety regulations and requirements
- Capability to trouble shoot and repair equipment mechanical problems
- Fabricate metal
- Ability to maintain and use continues improvement on process equipment and controls
- Ability to work in a food safe environment and adhere to GMP’S and all food safe requirements
- Must be able to be put on call in schedule
- Ability to perform PM’S and emergency repairs
- Able to work alone, self-directed and be a team player
Experience and Skills
- 3 years of Technician Maintenance experience
- Knowledge of company GMPs
- SOP’s for all production functions
- General knowledge of SOP’s for all Process & Packaging areas and pieces of production equipment
- Plant Inspection Program and Pre-Operational Inspection Program
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Good communication skills
- Familiar with lean manufacturing, continuous improvement
- Have flexibility working shifts
General Expected Behaviors
- Solution oriented, working until is solved or outcome achieved; finds alternative ways to complete a task
- Reacts to challenges by location or providing solutions
- Takes responsibility to define all requirements of a tasks, weighing the pros and cons, then taking the appropriate action required
- Supports the team by offering to help with unexpected and expected work on an as needed basis
- Actively follows all company policies and procedures encouraging team members to do the same
- Engages other employees in setting high safety awareness standards
- As required, acts to improve conditions quickly
Job Function Skills
- Understand the origin and purpose behind company policies, procedures and practices
- Acts in accordance with the company’s mission, vision, and values
- Foresees the impact of his/her action on other team members and customers
- Proactively prevents small problems from becoming major issues
- Responds to challenges with a sense of urgency, informing other team member as required and acting accordingly
- Actively assesses information and identifies underlying issues as needed
- Plans and aligns appropriate resource to accomplish company goals
- Identifies barriers to communication and strategies to eliminate them
- Applies good questioning and listening skills to insure their understanding of information being shared
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity, even when he/she may not agree with their opinion or beliefs
- Able to communicate in a clear and understanding manner
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Communications – Strong written and verbal skills. Applies good questioning and listening skills to ensure understanding of information being shared.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Exceptional Interpersonal skills
Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Core Values “Equip”
Environment – we will promote a work environment that encourages and nourishes creativity, a passion for excellence, and mutual respect with our customers, vendors and each other. We are responsible to care for God’s creation by treating the natural environment with proper caution and wisdom.
Quality – all our products and services must reflect quality (creativity and care). We must constantly find ways to improve our products and services to meet our customer’s needs and exceed their expectations.
Understanding – we understand that the pressures facing our employees and their families are never ending. Everyone has family outside of their “work family”, and we encourage them to set proper priorities in their lives. We will seek to find ways to promote a family friendly workplace.
Integrity – honesty and truth are absolutes in the way we conduct business with our customers, vendors, and employees. Ultimately, God is the source of truth and our actions should reflect such integrity.
People – our people are the greatest asset, which is not reflected on our balance sheet. They drive the health of our financial results. We are striving to find people who are passionate about our Company, and find their place in the company where they can grow, flourish, and excel.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.com