This position is based at our Hampton Farms location in Severn, NC.
Hampton Farms is the leading In-Shell Peanut Company in the US. We are also a leading producer of other types of nuts and nut butters for the retail and commercial markets. You can find our product in most grocery stores and major league baseball stadiums. We distribute under the Hampton Farms brand and are also a leading private label manufacturer.
Pay Range: $14.50 – $15.50 per hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Places finished product on designated pallet as instructed by Line Leader or Plant Manager.
- Assists in running packaging equipment.
- Assists in packing finished product.
- Assist in area and equipment cleanup and sanitation.
- Works in cooperation with the Line Leader and plant manager produce items to order.
- Communicating any issues through out the plant or process to management that may compromise Food Quality, Food Safety, or Personal Safety.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Experience with food manufacturing Principles and implementation.
- 1-3 years’ production manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Team Player
- Combination of manufacturing environment along with duties that will require employee to work in a production/plant environment where physical hazards such as industrial equipment and forklifts may be present
- Having to work with high & low PH chemicals such as alpet, proclean degreaser, Alkaline cleaner, and Steam cleaners on a regular basis.
- Climbing: ladders, stairs, etc. –using feet and legs or hands and arms 1/3 of the time & continuous Standing
- Lifting: Intermediate lifting up to 55 lbs for up to half your shift (up to 4 hours)
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds by ears
- Depth Perception: Three dimensional vision. Ability to judge distances
- Color Vision: Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Continuous Learning
- Job Knowledge
- Use of Technology
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Reasoning Ability
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Assistance (TAP)
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- School Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Core Values “Equip”
- This job is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, education verification, pre-employment drug screening, and a criminal history check.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.com