This position is based at our Hampton Farms location in Severn, NC.
We are looking to hire a skilled PLC programmer to design and install controller system software for our manufacturing facilities, and analyzing system requirements, writing, and installing custom programmable logic code, testing system efficiency, and providing operational support.
To ensure success as a PLC programmer, you should have excellent knowledge of machine mechanics, a logical approach, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. A skilled PLC programmer should be able to easily identify and design a robust program fit for any mechanical or electrical purpose.
Pay Range: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
Responsibilities and Duties:
- HMI programming
- Motion Control including stepper and Servo
- Install, diagnose and repair AC circuits (Single and 3 phase) · Diagnose and repair elector pneumatic controls and circuits ·
- Diagnose and repair Ethernet controls ·
- Meeting with management for mechanical or electrical automation needs.
- Drawing electrical or mechanical schematics to demonstrate how processes will work.
- Developing and installing machine programs using automation software and custom coding languages like Ladder Diagram, Sequential Function Charts, Function Block Diagram ETC.
- Determining machine automation test criteria before the final installation.
- Testing automated systems for efficiency, safety, and reliability.
- Troubleshooting system errors.
- Overseeing the successful installation of PLC programs.
- Documenting development processes and all tasks completed using the Preventive Maintenance Program and Work Order System
- Clean, sanitize, and do a part and tool reconciliation after work has been completed.
- Help fellow employees in other areas when needed
- Any other work assigned by the maintenance manager
- Associate’s degree in software engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or a similar field.
- PLC technical certification.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a PLC programmer.
- Electrical and mechanical engineering experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing and mechanical processes.
- Knowledge of software design principals.
- Proficiency in CAD and AutoCAD software.
- Detailed knowledge of PLC automation software and coding languages.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing to come in on a call out.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Continuous Learning
- Job Knowledge
- Use of Technology
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Reasoning Ability
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- School Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Core Values “Equip”
- This job is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, education verification, pre-employment drug screening, and a criminal history check.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.com OR www.meherrinag.com