With more than 2,000 active employees we are still continuing to grow as an organization. The Meherrin group of companies consists of many different companies. Meherrin covers the groups Severn Peanut and Hampton Farms along with 15 other companies. On our food side we operate at 12 different locations from Massachusetts to North Carolina to Texas and New Mexico, all the way to California. At these locations we supply a variety of nuts, peanut butter, almond butter, and much more. You can find our product in most grocery stores and major league baseball stadiums. Moving to our agricultural, chemical, and fertilizer side, we have more than 30 locations on the east coast ranging from Delaware to Central Florida. As a family-owned company, we value family-oriented resources and the case of our employees. We strive to grow more each day within the organization and in the fields.
We are looking for summer interns who specialize in any of the following areas: finance, accounting, agronomy, human resources, marketing, information technology, sales, and manufacturing. These positions will work closely with our managers at a location near you. This position will be a paid internship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with business unit management to support the company’s mission, visions, and values.
- Understands the overall concept of the company, including the brand, customer, product goals, and all other aspects of service.
- May rotate through different jobs and responsibilities.
- Accepts designated, business-focus projects to research, propose ideas and solutions, and present final project during the internship.
- Engages with customers or clients and provides service and/or sales.
- Provide suggestions to management for improving customer service and internal processes.
- Learns and becomes proficient on internal software systems.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
Education and/or Experience
- Currently pursuing 2-year, 4-year or advanced degree
- Experience in consumer food product would be a plus
- Experience in the agriculture industry would be a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
- Work well individually and on a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Depending on role, the environment may consist of: sitting at office desk, agricultural field operations, or production facilities.
- Continuous Learning
- Job Knowledge
- Use of Technology
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Reasoning Ability
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
Core Values “Equip”
- This job is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, education verification, pre-employment drug screening, and a criminal history check.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer