This position is based at our Hampton Farms location in Springfield, MA.
Hampton Farms is the leading In-Shell Peanut Company in the US. We are also a leading producer of other types of nuts and nut butters for the retail and commercial markets. You can find our product in most grocery stores and major league baseball stadiums. We distribute under the Hampton Farms brand and are also a leading private label manufacturer.
Salary: $85,000 per year
Leads HR and Safety initiatives at our Springfield, MA facility. Directly report to the Plant Manager and strong relationship with the corporate HR team.
Plans and administers policies relating to all phases of Human Resources (HR) and Safety at the facility. Partner with management to hire and train employees. Administer the onboarding process, compensation, benefits, employee relations, communications and compliance. Serve as the site safety expert to ensure compliance with all legal requirements and company policies. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable State and Federal Laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR are met.
- Ensures compliance with all OSHA (and other applicable) regulations.
- Partner with management to support the company’s mission, values, and business objectives.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, employees to fill vacant positions.
- Coordinate drug screening.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Administer the Benefits program at the local level.
- Administer the Payroll program at the local level.
- Process personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Manage the employee relations process and advises management in the appropriate resolution of personnel issues. This may include investigations.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administer performance review and salary administration programs to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Investigate accidents and prepare workers compensation reports for insurance carrier. Coordinates corrective action.
- Administer the Workers Compensation program locally.
- Coordinate training programs, GMP, Safety, and Alchemy.
- Maintain employee files
- Mediate conflict in the workplace.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Administer the training program, including Alchemy.
- Ensure safe practices throughout the facility.
- Facilitate the Safety Committee
- Write monthly reports, including KPIs and preparing reports for the VPHR and others as needed to provide current, accurate and complete data to make intelligent business decisions.
- Coach and counsel managers and employees on the performance appraisal objective setting and salary review processes.
- Ensure that managers update and maintain current job descriptions.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- Help make our company a Great Place to Work.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, occupational safety, or equivalent
- 5+ years of employment in a Human Resources role
- Employment in a Safety role
- Manufacturing experience (consumer packaging goods) preferred
- Experience in food processing environment a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Team player
- Bilingual highly preferred (English and Spanish)
- Work well individually and with a team
- Strong communication & verbal skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- SPHR certification preferred
- Primarily office, walking production floor and getting to know employees.
- Continuous Learning
- Job Knowledge
- Use of Technology
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Reasoning Ability
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Assistance (TAP)
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- School Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Core Values “Equip”
- This job is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, education verification, pre-employment drug screening, and a criminal history check.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.com OR www.meherrinag.com