This position is based at our Hampton Farms location in Franklin, VA.
Hampton Farms is the leading In-Shell Peanut Company in the US. We are also a leading producer of other types of nuts and nut butters for the retail and commercial markets. You can find our product in most grocery stores and major league baseball stadiums. We distribute under the Hampton Farms brand and are also a leading private label manufacturer.
The shipping and receiving personnel of Hampton Farms is involved in the manufacture of food products intended for the consumer. This individual needs to have an overall understanding of receiving practices, shipping practices, loading / unloading material or product. They must know the location of each storage facility, inspection techniques, final product disposition, storage, proper packaging and labeling used at Hampton Farms. Being a producer of peanut butter, the individual is aware of risks involved with regard to proper packaging, unloading and loading techniques (not damaging product, raw material, or packaging supplies), proper storage, forklift and trailer safety. They must maintain a clean and sanitary warehouse environment and must be familiar with the activity on the production floor to react if a crisis arises. This position will report to the Shipping Lead/Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to drive the Yard Truck moving trailers to and from the docks
- Must inspect all inbound and outbound trailers/materials and complete receiving/shipping checklists.
- Receiving & unloading trailer inbound trucks
- Loading & Shipping outbound trucks
- Storing all product in proper locations
- Communicating and assisting truck drivers with paperwork for both inbound and outbound loads
- Physically unloading material (drums)
- Actively work to organize materials and finished products utilizing the FIFO (first in first out); with storage space and general organization in mind
- Managing/loading/shipping dunnage, baled cardboard, scrap pallets, etc.
- Performing yard truck jockeying functions to meet Plant’s needs.
- Moving partials from gravity racks to stability racks to create warehouse space for full LOTS
- Moving oldest lids/caps from back of rows to front in order to rotate stock
- Performing physical inventory functions
- Assisting with cleaning functions in the warehouse, on the docks and in the shipping truck yard
- Always sanitize their forklift anytime it reenters the building from having been outside
- Assisting QA with pulling and moving product to “QA HOLD” areas
- Any other work or forms assigned by Shipping Manager and Team Lead or management including overtime work when needed.
- Have a functional radio on their person during their entire shift and answering when called by Supervisor, Team Lead, or any other Management.
Skills and Competencies:
- GMP Training (New hire and Annual)
- SOP’s for Receiving Program, Shipping Program, and Storage Program (Packaging Supplies, , Inventory Control, Stock Rotation, Raw Materials and Finished Product)
- SSOP for warehouse facility and forklifts
- Able to earn & maintain a valid forklift license from Hampton Farms for the designated work area
- Able to earn & maintain the right to operate the floor scrubber and be able to maintain it
- Knowledge of the forklift Inspection Form
- Knowledge of Logistics/Transportation/Shipping
- Above average computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Above average communication skills
Measures for Success:
- 98 % correct orders, orders fulfilled accurately and timely.
- Daily production goal of 14500 lbs per hour (combined Line 1 and Line 2)
- Less than 15% downtime for line 1 and 20% downtime for line 2
- Work with team members maintaining daily sanitation by cleaning work area at end of shift.
- Knows and adheres to GMP policy and all Quality policies and procedures.
- Assists in identifying and or reporting non-conforming product to aid in eliminating waste.
- Communicates daily with Quality to ensure customer specifications are met.
- Solution Oriented, works to solve problems or achieve outcome.
- Reacts to challenges by locating or providing solutions.
- Responsible for identifying all requirements of a task, evaluates opportunities or strengths then takes the appropriate action as required.
- Makes timely, well-considered decisions based on current data available and is flexible with scheduled work hours/shifts.
- Actively follows and ensures all company policies and procedures.
- Engages other employees in setting high safety awareness standards.
- Include safety emphasis in all employee meetings.
- Wears proper PPE and use appropriate approved supplied lifting devices at all times
- Dependable and punctual to ensure company and workplace goals.
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity.
- Responds to challenges with a sense of urgency, informing other team members as required and acting accordingly.
- Actively assesses information and identifies issues as necessary or required to ensure a friendly workplace.
- Plans and aligns appropriate resources to accomplish company goals.
- Good written and verbal skills and able to communicate in a clear and understanding manner.
- Applies good questioning and listening skills to ensure understanding of information being shared.
- Identifies barriers to communication and works towards eliminating barriers.
Additional Sanitation Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure all chemical containers are labeled and used in the correct way.
- Ensure overall compliance and adherence to sanitation schedule and or requirements.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent(GED).
- Experience with food manufacturing Principles and implementation.
- 1-3 years’ production manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to clearly present recommendations/ideas and to summarize issues.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential material.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid forklift license from Hampton Farms
- CDL’s are a plus (not required)
Job Physical Demands:
- Continuous standing in one location for long periods (2-3 hours before break)
- Climbing: Ladders, stairs, etc. –using feet and legs or hands and arms 1/3 of the time
- Lifting: Intermediate lifting up to 55 lbs for up to half your shift (up to 4 hours)
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds by ears
- Depth Perception: Three dimensional vision. Ability to judge distances
- Color Vision: Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Combination of manufacturing environment along with duties that will require employee to work in a production/plant environment where physical hazards such as industrial equipment and forklifts may be present.
- Continuous Learning
- Job Knowledge
- Use of Technology
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Reasoning Ability
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Assistance (TAP)
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- School Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Core Values “Equip”
- This job is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, education verification, pre-employment drug screening, and a criminal history check.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.com