This position is based at our Ready Roast location in Madera, CA.
Ready Roast along with Hampton Farms is the leading In-Shell Peanut Company in the US. We are also a leading producer of other types of nuts and nut butters for the retail and commercial markets. You can find our product in most grocery stores and major league baseball stadiums. We distribute under the Hampton Farms brand and are also a leading private label manufacturer.
Pay Range: $95,000 – $115,000 per year
This position is responsible for supervising and developing the Sanitation department, ensuring the safe and efficient daily cleaning of the equipment and facility. This position will report to the Quality Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors the department budget by working closely with chemical suppliers.
- Analyze sanitary needs, and make recommendations for improvements while minimizing food safety risks and keeping best sanitation conditions.
- Coordinates and/or trains staff on sanitation and safety procedures.
- Maintain SDS sheets.
- Conducts root cause analysis and implement preventive measures.
- Participates in plant audits.
- Ensures that GMP’s are followed.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Manages staff including: recognition, discipline, performance evaluations, etc.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Works evenings and weekends as required.
- Review and enforce the Company’s food safety, quality and regulatory standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, Engineering, or related field (preferred).
- Experience working in a food processing environment required.
- 5+ years of experience in food manufacturing sanitation in a supervisory role.
- Solid knowledge of chemical use in the cleaning/sanitizing process
- Sound understanding of GMP’s, PC, HACCP, EMP, OSHA, and USDA regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in authorizing MCS/MSS and SSOP’s programs
- Skilled with cleanings in an Allergen changeover environment a plus
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Valid Qualified Applicator License a plus or obtain license within six months of employment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for long hours, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds , and occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must wear ear protection at all time within the plant .
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is high.
- Continuous Learning
- Job Knowledge
- Use of Technology
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Reasoning Ability
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Assistance (TAP)
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- School Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Core Values “Equip”
- This job is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, education verification, pre-employment drug screening, and a criminal history check.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.readyroast.com OR www.hamptonfarms.com