This position is based at our Hampton Farms location in Franklin, VA.
Hampton Farms is the leading In-Shell Peanut Company in the US. We are also a leading producer of other types of nuts and nut butters for the retail and commercial markets. You can find our product in most grocery stores and major league baseball stadiums. We distribute under the Hampton Farms brand and are also a leading private label manufacturer.
The Raw Lead of Hampton Farms in the manufacture of food products is intended for the consumer. Being a producer of peanut products, the raw peanut dump operator is aware of risk involved with regard to proper sanitation procedures, receiving procedures, forklift/trailer operation procedures, peanut inventory and rotation, and following production schedules for correct dumping of peanuts. This position is a critical step in Hampton Farms food quality and safety for producing our peanut product. The Raw Lead must be aware of the risks involved with regard to correct product feed rates, peanut flow from correct bin to roaster, and other aspects of the facility. This position will report to the Production Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify with production supervisor/team lead that correct peanuts are being used and recorded on the Raw Dump Report.
- Do an inventory of raw peanuts product every morning & record on reports.
- Sample and weigh random bags from loads.
- Use flashlight/black light to inspect trailers and bags for potential rodent/insect infestation.
- Once a lot of peanuts is completely dumped, turn in paperwork into management.
- Maintain a consistent & constant product flow from the peanut dump station to the roaster entrance.
- Maintain first in first out stock rotation.
- Verify Bulk Tank is emptied and cleaned before dumping a new type of peanut—Watch the flow and volume in tanks to prevent overflows.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area during the shift
- Able to learn how to work with high and low PH chemicals such as alpet and Alkaline cleaners for cleaning every other weekend
- Responsible for setup of preclean/sorting equipment and changes depending on peanut type
- Help fellow employees in other areas when needed.
- Perform any other work assigned by the production shift supervisor or team lead.
- Complete any other forms or reports assigned by management
Skills and Competencies:
- GMP Training (New hire and Annual)
- SOP’s for Receiving Program, Shipping Program, and Storage Program (Inventory Control, Stock Rotation, and Raw Materials)
- SSOP for warehouse facility and forklifts
- Able to earn & maintain a valid forklift license from Hampton Farms for the designated work area
- Able to earn & maintain the right to operate the floor scrubber and be able to maintain it
- Knowledge of the forklift Inspection Form
- Knowledge of Logistics/Transportation/Shipping
- Above average computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Above average communication skills
- Must be able to utilize necessary chemicals such as alpet and Alkaline cleaner for cleaning & use of application equipment 30 % of the work week
Measures for Success:
- 98 % correct orders, orders fulfilled accurately and timely.
- Daily production goal of 14500 lbs per hour (combined Line 1 and Line 2)
- Less than 15% downtime for line 1 and 20% downtime for line 2
- Work with team members maintaining daily sanitation by cleaning work area at end of shift
- Knows and adheres to GMP policy and all Quality policies and procedures.
- Assists in identifying and or reporting non-conforming product to aid in eliminating waste.
- Communicates daily with Quality to ensure customer specifications are met.
General Expected Behaviors
- Solution Oriented, works to solve problems or achieve outcome
- If needed, find alternative ways to complete a task
- Reacts to challenges by locating or providing solutions.
- Responsible for identifying all requirements of a task, evaluates opportunities or strengths then takes the appropriate action as required.
- Makes timely, well-considered decisions based on current data available and is flexible with scheduled work hours/shifts
- Supports the team by offering to help with unexpected work as needed
- Actively follows and ensures all company policies and procedures.
- Engages other employees in setting high safety awareness standards.
- Include safety emphasis in all employee meetings.
- Wears proper PPE and use appropriate approved supplied lifting devices at all times
- Dependable and punctual to ensure company and workplace goals.
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity.
- Responds to challenges with a sense of urgency, informing other team members as required and acting accordingly.
- Actively assesses information and identifies issues as necessary or required to ensure a friendly workplace.
- Plans and aligns appropriate resources to accomplish company goals.
- Good written and verbal skills and able to communicate in a clear and understanding manner.
- Applies good questioning and listening skills to ensure understanding of information being shared.
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity, even when he/she may not agree on opinions
- Identifies barriers to communication and works towards eliminating barriers.
Additional Sanitation Responsibilities:
- Clean work area and prepare for next shift.
- Use various high and low PH chemicals such as alpet and Alkaline cleaners
- Follow sanitation schedule for weekends and clean breaks..
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent(GED).
- Experience with food manufacturing Principles and implementation.
- 1-3 years’ production manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to clearly present recommendations/ideas and to summarize issues.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential material.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Forklift license
- Combination of manufacturing environment along with duties that will require employee to work in a production/plant environment where physical hazards such as industrial equipment and forklifts may be present.
Job Physical Demands
- Continuous standing in one location for long periods (2-3 hours before break)
- Lifting: Intermediate lifting up to 55 lbs for up to half your shift (up to 4 hours)
- Climbing: ladders, stairs, etc. –using feet and legs or hands and arms 1/3 of the time
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds by ears
- Depth Perception: Three dimensional vision. Ability to judge distances
- Color Vision: Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Continuous Learning
- Job Knowledge
- Use of Technology
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Reasoning Ability
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Assistance (TAP)
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- School Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Core Values “Equip”
- This job is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, education verification, pre-employment drug screening, and a criminal history check.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.com