This position will be based at our Hampton Farms location in Franklin, VA.
Hampton Farms is the leading In-Shell Peanut Company in the US. We are also a leading producer of other types of nuts and nut butters for the retail and commercial markets. You can find our product in most grocery stores and major league baseball stadiums. We distribute under the Hampton Farms brand and are also a leading private label manufacturer.
The Raw Operator of Hampton Farms is involved in the manufacture of food products intended for the consumer. The operation and operator provide a critical step in Hampton Farms food quality and safety for producing our peanut product. Being a producer of peanut products, the raw peanut dump operator is aware of risk involved with regard to proper sanitation procedures, receiving procedures, forklift/trailer operation procedures, peanut inventory and rotation, and following production schedules for correct dumping of peanuts. The raw peanut dump operator is trained in various areas pertaining to the job required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Expected to arrive at his/her workstation 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the shift to allow time for a proper shift passover discussion with the operator of their equipment from the previous shift.
- Verify with supervisor/team lead that correct peanuts are being used, and record on raw dump report. Attach peanut tickets to the report
- Do an inventory of raw peanut product every morning. Fill out inventory reports
- Sample and weigh random bags from loads
- Use flashlight / Black light to inspect trailers and bags for potential rodent/ insect infestation
- Once lot of peanuts is completely dumped, turn paperwork in to the quality department
- Maintain a consistent and constant product (peanuts) flow from peanut dump station to the roaster entrance
- Maintain First In First Out rotation
- Verify bulk tank is emptied and cleaned before dumping a new type of peanuts. Watch the flow and volume in tanks to prevent overflow
- Clean peanut storage area, 4 pack. bulk tank, and sweep floor constantly
- Able to learn how to work with high and low PH chemicals such as alpet and alkaline cleaners for cleaning every other weekend
- Help fellow employees in other areas when needed
- Do any other assignments or fill out any other forms & paperwork given to you by your Raw Lead, team lead, and/or Supervisor
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Experience with food manufacturing Principles and implementation.
- 1-3 years’ production manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work well both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to clearly present recommendations/ideas and to summarize issues.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential material.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Forklift certification
- Continuous standing in one location for long periods (2-3 hours before break)
- Lifting: Intermediate lifting up to 55 lbs for up to half your shift (up to 4 hours)
- Climbing :ladders, stairs, etc. –using feet and legs or hands and arms 1/3 of the time
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds by ears
- Depth Perception: Three dimensional vision. Ability to judge distances
- Color Vision: Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Combination of manufacturing environment along with duties that will require employee to work in a production/plant environment where physical hazards such as industrial equipment and forklifts may be present.
- Continuous Learning
- Job Knowledge
- Use of Technology
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Reasoning Ability
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Assistance (TAP)
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- School Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Core Values “Equip”
- This job is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, education verification, pre-employment drug screening, and a criminal history check.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.com