Hampton Farms is the leading In-Shell Peanut Company in the US. We are also a leading producer of other types of nuts and nut butters for the retail and commercial markets. You can find our product in most grocery stores and major league baseball stadiums. We distribute under the Hampton Farms brand and are also a leading private label manufacturer.
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day Food Safety and Quality programs as well ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory and third-party requirements in a peanut process plant in Severn, NC.
- Supports quality personnel and other functional groups as needed
- Verifies performance of quality personnel.
- Disposition of held goods (raw, finished, and in process) including communication and execution of sampling plans.
- Coordinates and executes Safe Quality Foods (SQF) programs.
- Develops/trains quality team members and other plant personnel in quality awareness, food safety, and other related areas.
- Coordinates auditing and monitoring of SQF program effectiveness and conformance.
- Performs plant and food safety, GMP, and quality audits according to program, including with visitors from our customers, third parties, the Food and Drug Administration, and State and Local regulators.
- Monitors collected quality data and tracks. Trends as needed, with communication to relevant business units.
- Monitors collected quality data and tracks/trends as needed, with communication to relevant business units.
- Works with customers and Sales/Marketing on quality initiatives for products and processes as directed.
- Reviews raw material quality information and samples for conformance to standards.
- Monitors, investigates, and responds to consumer complaints.
- Operates as the plant Food Safety Plan Manager (PCQI).
- May perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree,
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in food science or a related field,
- 3-5 years’ experience preferred depending on quality of experience,
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience,
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others individually and in team settings
- Strong leadership skills are essential
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Good problem solving, analytical, and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office efficiently (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Must have or must be capable of acquiring the following certifications within 6 months of hire:
- PCQI and
- SQF Practitioner certification
- Currently: one QA Lead and 6 Quality Technicians
- Direct reporting to the Plant Manager with a dotted line to Director of Food Safety and Quality
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel;
- Reach wit hands and arms
While performing the duties of this job, the employees is occasionally required to:
- Climb to extended heights (inspection) or
- Balance and stoop,
- Crouch, or
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to perform sensory, including taste, on items produced in the plant, which could include multiple allergens.
Typical plant setting for a food manufacturing plant. Periods of cold in winter, heat and humidity in the summer. Dust and smoke/steam are common.
Minimal travel is required. Must be willing to occasionally travel to other plants for training, continuous improvement, or other initiatives.
**To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions of the job.**
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Communications – Strong written and verbal skills. Applies good questioning and listening skills to ensure understanding of information being shared.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Exceptional Interpersonal skills
Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Core Values “Equip”
Environment – we will promote a work environment that encourages and nourishes creativity, a passion for excellence, and mutual respect with our customers, vendors and each other. We are responsible to care for God’s creation by treating the natural environment with proper caution and wisdom.
Quality – all our products and services must reflect quality (creativity and care). We must constantly find ways to improve our products and services to meet our customer’s needs and exceed their expectations.
Understanding – we understand that the pressures facing our employees and their families are never ending. Everyone has family outside of their “work family”, and we encourage them to set proper priorities in their lives. We will seek to find ways to promote a family friendly workplace.
Integrity – honesty and truth are absolutes in the way we conduct business with our customers, vendors, and employees. Ultimately, God is the source of truth and our actions should reflect such integrity.
People – our people are the greatest asset, which is not reflected on our balance sheet. They drive the health of our financial results. We are striving to find people who are passionate about our Company, and find their place in the company where they can grow, flourish, and excel.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.com