Hampton Farms is the leading In-Shell Peanut Company in the US. We are also a leading producer of other types of nuts, trail mixes, seeds and candies, for the retail and commercial markets. You can find our product in most grocery stores, convenience stores, and major league baseball stadiums.
This position is based at our Hampton Farms facility located in Lubbock, TX.
The Plant Manager effectively manages all production functions and personnel related to the operation of the Hampton Farms production facility. Primary responsibilities include production operations, personnel management, and quality assurance. Goals are achieved through partnerships with other plant staff members and being committed to delivering the best possible experience to our customers and employees in support of our mission, vision, and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and enforce all company policies giving direction to employees in the production and warehouse areas. Set all production goals. (Plant & Machine performance)
- Verify with the production scheduler what products are running at the beginning of each shift.
- Work in conjunction with Maintenance and capital projects
- Communicate with the plant staff on issues related to the facility such as staffing, production goals, quality concerns, facility, and grounds maintenance.
- Oversee & Maintain all Operational budgets (Capital budgets)
- Handle personnel decisions from disciplinary actions (including reprimands), and time clock management.
- Communicate with production scheduler & Shipping Supervisor to meet customer requirements and shipping dates. Constantly have an updated production schedule.
- Build teamwork & set goals (work with Shift Supervisors)
- Assist HR and Safety Manager with personnel needs.
- Assist in Maintaining Training Program.
- Assist with maintaining Master Sanitation Schedule, Chemical Control Program, Sanitation Training, and techniques. (with Quality Assurance Manager)
- Verify with production that all products produced meets Federal, State, and customer quality standards. Monitor all specifications for raw materials and finished product.
- GMP Training (New hire and Annual)
- General knowledge of SOPs for all production areas and pieces of production equipment
- SOPs for Production and understand the need for updated employee training, Allergen Control Program, and Chemical Control Programs
- Sufficient knowledge of quality control and production specifications.
- Sufficient knowledge of HACCP/Food Safety Plan standards and SQF requirements.
- Current production schedules
- Partner with General Manager as needed with goals/projects.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Preferably Food Experience (SQF or similar)
- Manufacturing & Logistics Experience
- Bachelor’s in business or equivalent
- 10-20 years of experience preferred.
- Technical skills in e-learning and mobile training.
- Analytical and systematic thinker.
- Energetic, driven, and accountable.
- Team player, self-motivated, and exceptional communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Solution oriented: working until a problem is solved or outcome achieved finds alternative ways to complete a task.
- Familiar working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Reacts to challenges by providing solutions.
- Takes responsibility to define all requirements of a task, weighing the pros and cons, and then taking the appropriate action as needed.
- Makes timely, well-considered decisions based on current, accurate, and complete data.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Combination of office environment along with duties that will require the incumbent work in a plant environment where physical hazards such as production equipment and forklifts may be present.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Communications – Strong written and verbal skills. Applies good questioning and listening skills to ensure understanding of information being shared.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Exceptional Interpersonal skills
Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
Core Values “Equip”
- This job is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, education verification, pre-employment drug screening, and a criminal history check.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.com