Working under the direction of the Manufacturing Manager and in conjunction with key strategic business partners, the Plant Manager has overall management responsibility for effectively managing all Plant functions and Staff of the Hampton Farms Plant Lubbock facility. Primary responsibilities include all plant operations, corporate compliance, personnel management, and quality assurance. In addition, the Plant Manager is responsible for partnering with other Meherrin team members and locations, is committed to delivering the best possible experience to company customers, and employees in support of our company mission, vision, and values.
The Plant Manager will lead the Lubbock facility to ensure profitability and effective use of the location’s human, technical, financial, and functional resources by leading strategic planning development and execution of annual business planning processes and oversight of the day-to-day operations.
Essential Duties and Description: include the following though other duties may be assigned:
- Establish and/or approve production schedules, functions, and personnel to ensure that quotas or goals are met and finished goods inventories and shipments are maintained at the proper levels
- Recommend and/or implement improvements in machinery, equipment, or manufacturing methods to management
- Maintain working knowledge of machine capabilities and standardized pounds per hour
- Ensure compliance on all safety and GMP rules.
- Manage employee performance by completing annual review for direct reports
- Oversee enforcement of all company policies giving direction to employees in the Plant area.
- Ensure all staff are complying with plant procedures and policies
- Communicate with the Plant personnel on issues related to the facility such as Plant goals and quality issues and or non-conformances.
- Assist with internal audits, i.e.: SQF, Food Defense, Chemical Audits, GMP Audits.
- Oversee, and maintain operational budget and capital projects
- Develop and manage KPI’s for the facility and personnel
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal, managerial, and leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of both process and mechanical, to ensure manufacturing excellence of high-performance, mission-critical consumer acceptable products.
- Experience with new product development and new technology introduction.
- Experience and ability to create and maintain a positive company culture.
- Vision and leadership necessary to inspire the organization to achieve annual and long-term goals, creating and sustaining a high-performance manufacturing operation.
- Must possess exceptional analytical skills, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ensure and participate in GMP Training.
- SOP’s for Plant and understanding the need for updated employee training, Allergen Control Program, and Chemical Control Programs.
- Quality Control and Plant Specifications.
- HACCP Standards and SQF Edition 7.2 requirements.
- Knowledge of customer requirements.
Measures for Success:
- 100 % correct orders, orders fulfilled accurately and timely.
- Maintaining quality service by following organization standards.
- Other KPIs as defined by senior management.
- Know and enforce GMP policy and all Quality policies and procedures.
- Assist in disposition of non-conforming product to aid in eliminating waste.
- Communicate daily with Quality Division to ensure customer specifications are being met.
- Maintain strict adherence to all corporate policies and procedures as defined by Meherrin guidelines.
- Insure that all employees, upon first day of employment, complete Meherrin Safety & Personal Protective Equipment Training, & New Employee Orientation
- Actively follows and ensures all company policies and procedures.
- Engages other employees in setting high safety awareness standards.
- Include safety emphasis in all employee meetings.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in manufacturing, operations, business, or engineering preferred.
- Five to ten years of related experience in manufacturing, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of leadership and or supervisory experience in manufacturing.
- Experience with Manufacturing Principles and implementation.
- Experience with Food manufacturing
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations.
- Second language (Spanish), a plus.
- Combination of office environment along with duties that will require the incumbent work in a plant environment where physical hazards such as production equipment and forklifts may be present.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.comif(is_user_logged_in()): ?>