The Maintenance Manager of Hampton Farms is involved in maintenance of equipment and the facility. The Maintenance Manager is a critical position within Hampton Farms Food Quality and Safety Systems. Being a producer of Peanut and Almond products, the Maintenance Manager is aware of risks involved with regard to keeping the all areas of the facility including equipment in good working order by using preventive maintenance techniques, daily checklists, and proper repair procedures. Maintenance personnel is trained in various SOP’s pertaining to the job and equipment required.
Position Requirement: An experienced self-starting, self-directed, quick learning maintenance leader. Must be able to work in a multi-craft environment, be technically sound, and detailed oriented.
Essential Duties and Description: include the following though other duties may be assigned:
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Train new maintenance employees
- Handle all personnel decisions from disciplinary actions (including reprimands), and time clock management. Perform annual and periodic evaluations on all maintenance employees.
- Work with Management in the process of hiring and interviewing new employees.
- Review employee times and schedule vacation/PTO on a weekly basis.
- Must be able to work in a safe manner, adhering to all safety regulations and requirements.
- Communicate with departments on issues related to the facility, such as daily maintenance concerns and facility or grounds maintenance
- Troubleshoot and repair single and three phase electrical equipment; including PLC’s and VFD’s
- Ability to maintain and improve process equipment.
- Fabricate metal; to include ARC welding, MIG welding, TIG welding and GAS welding
- Complete assigned daily tasks using a daily checklist and/or schedule.
- Understand each piece of equipment, learn how it works and disassemble each piece as needed per the SOP’s.
- Document all tasks completed using the Preventive Maintenance Program and Work Order System
- Clean, sanitize, and complete a part and tool reconciliation after work has been completed.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Use Lockout / Tag out procedures when repairing equipment
- Help fellow employees in other areas when needed
- Assist with internal audits, i.e. SQF, Food Defense, Chemical Audits, GMP Audits.
- Assist Plant Manager and Manufacturing Manager with Capital projects.
Skills and Competencies:
- Based on job performance, has required skills and knowledge to complete the responsibilities of his / her role.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of work place policies and rules, customer’s requests, and production/business needs.
- Understands the origin and purpose behind company policies, procedures and practices.
- Acts in accordance with the company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Must possess good communication skills, written and oral.
- Participates in GMP Training, annual or as assigned.
- Understands HACCP Standards and SQF requirements.
- Assist and support management in training production employees, annually or as needed.
- Participates and leads production team(s) in safety inspections and adheres to safety policies and rules.
Measures for Success:
- 100 % correct orders, orders fulfilled accurately and timely.
- Daily production goals achieved based on customer specs and orders.
- Weekly poundage goals achieved based on customer orders.
- Work with team members maintaining daily sanitation by cleaning work area at end of shift.
- Knows and adheres to GMP policy and all Quality policies and procedures.
- Assists in identifying and or reporting non-conforming product to aid in eliminating waste.
- Communicates daily with Quality to ensure customer specifications are met.
General Expected Behaviors
- Solution Oriented, works to solve problems or achieve outcome.
- Reacts to challenges by locating or providing solutions.
- Responsible for identifying all requirements of a task, evaluates opportunities or strengths then takes the appropriate action as required.
- Makes timely, well-considered decisions based on current data available and is flexible with scheduled work hours/shifts.
- Actively follows and ensures all company policies and procedures.
- Engages other employees in setting high safety awareness standards.
- Include safety emphasis in all employee meetings.
- Wears proper PPE at all times.
- Dependable and punctual to ensure company and workplace goals.
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity.
- Responds to challenges with a sense of urgency, informing other team members as required and acting accordingly.
- Actively assesses information and identifies issues as necessary or required to ensure a friendly workplace.
- Plans and aligns appropriate resources to accomplish company goals.
- Good written and verbal skills and able to communicate in a clear and understanding manner.
- Applies good questioning and listening skills to ensure understanding of information being shared.
- Identifies barriers to communication and works towards eliminating barriers.
- May coach and lead production employees in questioning, listening, and identifying barriers to communication.
Additional Sanitation Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure all chemical containers are labeled and used in the correct way.
- Ensure overall compliance and adherence to sanitation schedule and or requirements.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5 to 7 years in Supervisory experience in a Maintenance Department.
- Must will be willing to work overtime and weekends.
- Ability to clearly present recommendations/ideas and to summarize issues.
- Ability to appropriately handle and maintain confidential material.
- Experience in food manufacturing.
- Must be able to work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to visit other sister manufacturing locations as needed.
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Second language (Spanish), a strong plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
None Required. Electrician certifications, helpful. HACCP certifications and SQF certifications, as needed.
Job Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Degree of Physical Demands (Strength) usually associated with the essential functions of this job classification are as follows: Heavy work exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work. Continuous standing in one location for long periods (2-3 hours before break).
Other demand levels for this job may include the following, infrequently:
Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, and the like, using feet and legs or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. Described in terms of height, steepness, duration, and type of structure climbed. Occasionally ‑ Activity exists up to 1/3 of the time.
Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, or erratically moving surfaces; or maintaining body equilibrium when performing mobile dexterity duties. Described in terms of type or condition of surface and activities during which balance must be maintained. Occasionally ‑ Activity exists up to 1/3 of the time.
Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist, requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles. Described in terms of duration. Occasionally ‑ Activity exists up to 1/3 of the time.
Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine. Described in terms of duration. Occasionally ‑ Activity exists up to 1/3 of the time.
Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. Frequently ‑ Activity exists up to 1/3 to 2/3 of the time.
Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands. Fingers are involved only to the extent that they are an extension of the hand, such as to turn a switch or shift. Frequently ‑ Activity exists up to 1/3 to 2/3 of the time.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds by ear. Occasionally ‑ Activity exists up to 1/3 of the time.
Depth Perception: Three‑dimensional vision. Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are. Frequently ‑ Activity exists up to 1/3 to 2/3 of the time.
Color Vision: Ability to identify and distinguish colors. Occasionally ‑ Activity exists up to 1/3 of the time.
- Combination of manufacturing environment along with duties that will require employee to work in a production/plant environment where physical hazards such as industrial equipment and forklifts may be present.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.hamptonfarms.comif(is_user_logged_in()): ?>