This position is based at our Ready Roast location in Madera, CA.
The Operations Manager will manage operation resources to improve productivity and minimize downtime, while driving profits and reducing costs. The position involves meeting budgetary goals, Site metrics, creating workflow policies and procedures, managing quality assurance programs, all in a safe manner while encouraging staff communication in a collaborative environment so the entire operation functions at peak performance.
Pay Range: $140,000 – $160,000 per year
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage scheduling and labor allocation to respond to staffing and demand needs.
- Evaluating, adjusting, and creating new policies and procedures as needed for effective Plant operations.
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Ensure monthly/annual training is completed for production associates.
- Collaborate with Planning and Shipping departments to allow for timely completion and delivery of orders.
- Promote a high-performance culture where a Continuous Improvement mindset is expected to maintain discipline and focus: e.g., 5S, Lean Principles (RCA/CA, 5Whys, Fishbone, 4M’s), Standard Work, eliminating “deadly wastes”, and responsible for maintenance of “Factory Visuals” both on the floor and other.
- Proactively engage with Maintenance team to achieve overall equipment excellence and minimize downtime.
- Communicate with Production Scheduler & Supply Chain/Distribution Manager to meet customer requirements and shipping dates. Constantly have an updated production schedule.
- Build teamwork & set goals (a proven mentor with existing Department Managers/Staff). Be a Servant Leader who establishes a culture of trust with Site Leaders and Frontline Team.
- Assist HR Manager and EHS Manager with personnel needs.
- GMP Training (New hire and Annual)
- General knowledge of SOPs for all production areas and pieces of production equipment
- SOPs for Production and understand the need for updated employee training, Allergen Control Program, and Chemical Control Programs
- Manage and own Site KPI/Metrics driving excellence in areas of Safety, Quality, Service, Performance and People.
- Supervisor all site floor activities within the plant.
- Monitor and enforce all company policies giving direction to employees in the Production and Warehouse areas. Set all production goals. (Plant & Machine performance).
- Communicate with the plant staff on issues related to the facility such as staffing, production goals, quality concerns, facility, and grounds maintenance.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- 10+ years of Food Industry experience in a leadership role.
- Manufacturing & Logistics experience (Lean Experience a plus).
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering/Business or equivalent
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (NetSuite a plus)
- Quality Certifications (SQF or PCQI) a plus
- Technical skills in e-learning and mobile training.
- Analytical and systematic thinker.
- Energetic, driven, and accountable.
- Team player (collaborative), self-motivated, and exceptional communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Solution oriented: working until a problem is solved or outcome achieved finds alternative ways to complete a task.
- Familiar working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Reacts to challenges by providing solutions.
- Takes responsibility to define all requirements of a task, weighing the pros and cons, and then taking the appropriate action as needed.
- Makes timely, well-considered decisions based on current, accurate, and complete data.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Combination of manufacturing environment along with duties that will require employee to work in a production/plant environment where physical hazards such as industrial equipment and forklifts may be present.
- Continuous Learning
- Job Knowledge
- Use of Technology
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Communications /Collaborative Leadership
- Reasoning Ability
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance (EAP)
- Employee Referral (ERP)
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Employee Referral (ERP)
- Tuition Assistance Program
Core Values “Equip”
- This job is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, education verification, pre-employment drug screening, and a criminal history check.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
For Additional Information Visit: www.meherrinag.com OR www.hamptonfarms.com